Musings

Monday, January 03, 2005

Tsunami Warning Systems

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/news/features.php?action=fullnews&id=53012

I can certainly expect that and much more from Our Honourable President. I also can expect that to be actually in place within a short duration of time. It would not be a promise undelivered. Nothing can be more inspiring than having a leader who has been at the helm of scientific advancement to lead a confused religion-torn nation. That brings me to a recent article that I read about the relief work in Colachel, Tamilnadu. One can see the unity that such a calamity brings to a country of mindless riots in the name of religion. Several hundreds of displaced survivors of the Tsunami have been camped in Churches - and are actually being helped by local Hindus and Muslims alike. I hope to live to see the day when the man next door is seen as a human and not anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home