Musings

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bangalore times!

Just because I did not feel like eating a seemingly boring food in the office, I went out to waste close to one hour. And, missed an important deadline at my bank. To add to my misery, a prompt headache set in thanks to the 'bang-bang', smoke and what not.

Increasingly, in our own India suddenly it is a feeling of alienation. Upwardly mobile Bangalore! I have mixed reactions abt Bangalore because I have seen its many faces - the sweet and sublime to the bold, 'upwardly mobile', 'happening'! I have witnessed an honesty not seen in other cities to do-anything-for-money here. It is really a wonderful kaleidoscope! I vaguely recall 'Bangalore is a farce!', told by one of my friends, a staunch pro-Mumbai person. On he went, 'It is dead slow, lethargic and what a contrast is it to see the determined faces in the Mumbai or Chennai suburban trains. The simple yet intelligent, determined faces.'

Bangalore has its share of simple faces - it is just that it is a minority whereas in Mumbai or Chennai those kinds of faces are a majority. Bangalore's weather is a plus point. It is not as crowded as Chennai, certainly not like Mumbai, though the traffic is menacing to say the least. It is cleaner, greener. But, the burst in consumerism is robbing it of its natural serene, calm beauty - something akin to putting cosmetics on the face of an innocent beautiful girl. So, is Bangalore is coming of age - and going to become more and more dirty, cramped like Mumbai or hot like Chennai?? Only time can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home